FMCG Food Manufacturing
Shifts: 4on, 4off, Nights, 18:00 - 06:00
A leading FMCG Manufacturer in Hamilton is currently seeking a Senior QA for their growing nights quality team. You would have the responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of product throughout the manufacturing process and may need to manage a very small team. Conducting audits against company Quality, Compliance & Technical procedures.
Senior QA - Summary of key responsibilities:
- Conducting Internal Audits covering the site Quality Management System, GMP & HACCP verification. Responsible for ensuring any Non-conformance's raised during these audits are closed out in a timely manner.
- Conducting shelf life, Taste Panel & QAS assessment of finished products against standards. Responsible for highlighting details of non-compliance and follow up of corrective actions.
- Carry out Traceability, Compliance & Mass Balance exercises on Finished Product and Raw Materials/Packaging within a four hour time period. Responsible for highlighting any non-conformance and driving root cause solution.
- Calibration of key analytical equipment such as Scales, Temperature Probes, Aw Meter, Moisture Meter, PH Meter, Chemical dosing units etc.. Responsible for highlighting any non-compliance to the relevant manager or approved contractor and implementing resolution.
- Responsible for conducting Chill & Temp room temperature monitoring. Responsible for highlighting details of non-compliance to Assurance Manager & Engineering and follow up of corrective actions.
- Responsible for supporting the Assurance Manager in conducting investigations to establish root cause of Customer Complaints and Food Safety related incidents and to implement controls to prevent recurrence.
We are looking for somebody with strong QA experience from within a food manufacturing, quality environment. Ideally you will have a strong knowledge of HACCP and food safety standards and have a flexible, hands-on approach.
Full training will be provided but ideally you will have Audit / internal audit experience. An Audit qualification would be preferred but not essential.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.