Fixed Term Contract PAYE 12 months
Pay Rate £26.99 per hour
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (2 days, 2 nights) – 7am/7pm and vice versa
An exciting opportunity to join a large pharmaceutical business based in Liverpool as part of their seasonal engineering workforce.
We have a current requirement for a contract Multiskilled Maintenance Technician on a 12 month FTC to hep support the existing engineering team on PPM’s, reactive maintenance and on small projects.
The role would suit someone educated to HNC level or equivalent who has served a full time served apprenticeship and is used to working on FMCG, Pharma or Chemical type sites with experience on pipework, past moving packaging machinery, vessels, tanks, pumps or associated type equipment would be beneficial.
- The Engineering Technician will be required to perform a broad range of varied planned and unplanned maintenance activities that support the overall team and business objectives. The role holder will operate with a degree of autonomy once relevant training is completed.
- Deliver engineering support to customers for planned and unplanned maintenance requirements
- Plan and execute routine work
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly, accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel.
- Work with M&R team to review and maintain maintenance plants for manufacturing equipment.
- Support management in the review of required spare parts
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulations
- Be aware of and comply with all operating procedures in all operational areas
- Understand, execute and promote a cGMP compliant culture, ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within their own work area and shared workshop are compliant in accordance with the Orange Guide and CFR regulations.
- Deliver departmental objectives and operational decisions made by others are executed in a timely manner. Liaise with members of their own departments to provide and receive support and feedback.
- Plan and attend required training in a timely manner and ensures training records are up to date.
- Actively promote a safety culture and raise and correct Near Misses/Accident & Incident Reports when required.
- Support organisational change, process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Have a good knowledge of CMMS requirements, have the ability to demonstrate and coach its basic functions.
- Demonstrate engineering competency at a level to be able to carry out PPM activity, plus some specialist knowledge in limited areas. Can carry out basic coaching and training.
- Solve reoccurring and multi cause problems
- Engineering Apprenticeship to HNC level or equivalent
- Good standards of numeracy and literacy are essential together with excellent attention to detail
- Utilities experience is beneficial (pumps, valves, vessels, plant within cleanroom/hospital/chemical plant/pharmaceutical background)
- Experience as a dual skilled engineer with training in one discipline but good experience also in the other discipline between M&E
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure are also essential. A positive and pro‐active approach is needed to aid resolution of issues
- The ability to work flexible shifts
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.