You will be a Senior Shift Manager or Production Manager with previous production/operations leadership experience within a food manufacturing environment (chilled/high risk desirable). You will have proven experience of implementing modern manufacturing practices and standards with a track record of driving lean / CI initiatives as well as experience in managing, coaching, and developing teams.
Production Manager responsibilities include:
- Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives
- Drive costs savings through efficient use of resources.
- Manage and plan required service levels within the agreed timeframe
- Review and implement continuous improvement initiatives that increase performance
- Support CAPEX proposals in line with safety, OEE, and quality improvements
- Improve performance and reduce waste
- Ensure appropriately trained resource is available to meet minimum company standards through review and training of staff
- Attend daily production/planning meeting with appropriate preparation and ensure Production planning and scheduling is completed in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure all Production Supervisors, Team Leaders and Team Members are working safely to standards and practises.
- Ensure SOPs and SSOW are regularly reviewed, updated, trained out and audited.
- Develop excellent working relationship with the Engineering Team, Goods In/Dispatch Manager and the Technical team to coordinate activities with all business functions driving value for the business and customer
- Lead and support the Supervisors in dealing with absence management and the disciplinary process.
- To proactively develop and encourage TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and maintain a highly effective preventative maintenance program and develop an effective, robust team member care system.
Application via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.