£40-50k, Private Medical Insurance, Pension matched to 9%, 25 days holiday, Sick Pay, Physio, Occupational Health
A fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest manufacturers in the area with a history stemming back over 90 years. On their site in Wigton they have over 500 staff and a broad product range. Due to a retirement they are looking for to a add an experienced mechanical engineer to their Engineering team.
This role will join a team who look after delivery of mechanical capital projects on site, from new production lines, CHP plants, guarding, plant upgrades just as a few examples of work completed in recent years. The role also acts as an extension of the engineering team or high level problem solving, on reoccurring issues and long term solutions and improvement projects.
This role works on projects from conception, through design, delivery, commissioning and then ongoing maintenance, so if you are keen to be involved in the full life cycle of projects then this role might suit you well.
Should you have worked on the tools and have stepped up into a Project Engineer/Design Engineering background and are keen to work in a more solutions based role, then this role might suit. Alternatively if you have a strong academic background and worked in a Design Engineering role where you have been afforded the opportunity to lead projects of your own then please get in touch.
- To provide project management, mechanical engineering design and advanced technical knowledge within the Project Office
- Assist with the delivery of capital projects and maintenance support to the business
- Manage appropriate key projects ensuring they are delivered and commissioned on time and within budget
- Act as Lead Engineer on capital projects, assisting where necessary with co-ordinating the work of other mechanical design engineers
- Ensure all projects comply with HSE legislation and appropriate risk assessments and method statements are in place and always adhered to.
- Play a lead role in supporting the delivery of Plant capital & maintenance improvements, in conjunction with the production department day foreman and process engineers, so that improvements are made to problematic or out of date equipment and processes, reducing the effort spent maintaining unreliable equipment.
- Assist the Engineering Project Manager to develop and motivate Project Office personnel and contribute to the ongoing development of the department (work in conjunction with mentors in respect of graduate engineers).
- Provide technical support to the Production Departments as required to assist with finding solutions for reliability issues as well as for new production development requirements.
- Support the Engineering Projects Manager to deliver Company Capital Budget, ensuring individual projects are delivered within estimated costs and timescales.
- Support process efficiency improvement projects and represent Engineering on Improvement Teams where necessary.
- Work closely with the Engineering Maintenance Planner to ensure resources are available and project delivery is coordinated with Production/Production Planning.
- Support the development of engineering standards, ensuring a consistent standard of manufacture and assembly, report writing and storage of records with a professional technical approach provided by Engineering to the business.
- Engineering Degree preferred with a few years Plant experience or time served engineer with HNC
- Plant experience at a senior level
- Design experience using AutoCAD, Inventor or similar
- A practical thinker who is proactive, results focussed and able to achieve using initiative
- Project Management experience
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.